North Queensland Tropical Getaway – 2 Days
Spend a wonderful day on one of the natural wonders of the world the” Great Barrier Reef”, and a day Cooling off in the Atherton Tablelands swimming in Waterfalls while exploring the stunning Atherton Tablelands & Waterfalls.
This Tropical Getaway package can be done in any order and you can also have a days break in between if you wish.
Day 1 – Great Barrier Reef
Reef Experience, Cairns’ only ALL inclusive Great Barrier Reef Cruise with FREE scuba dive.
Two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef locations are visited daily for optimal diving and snorkeling.
A luxury high speed catamaran gets you to the Reef fast, this tour guarantees the most time at each beautiful great barrier reef destination.
Cairns only all inclusive day tour guarantees no hidden costs!
Have a great time and visit one of the natural wonders of the world.
A day on the Reef will be one of your most memorable ones in your life.
- Up to 6 hours at two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef locations
- Unlimited Snorkeling
- FREE Scuba Dive (Certified or Introductory)
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour
- Large Sun deck
- Pick up and Return to Cairns City Accommodation
- Breakfast, Lunch and Afternoon snacks
- Crew assistance for non confident Snorkellers
- All Government Levies and Taxes included
- Snorkeling equipment and tuition
- FREE Certified Scuba Dive or Resort Scuba Dive (no-experience necessary) for everyone who is over the age of 12 and medically fit to scuba
- Wetsuit Hire
- Glass bottom boat tour (weather permitting)
- Marine Biologist Reef Presentation
- BBQ breakfast roll & fruit platter
- Delicious, freshly prepared hot & cold BBQ lunch
- Afternoon cheese, wine & biscuits on return journey
- Tea & coffee service
- Transfers to and from the marina if you are staying in the Cairns business area
- Free buoyancy aids
- Reef tax, fuel levy & national park fees
|7.20 am||Board Reef Experience for check-in|
|Delicious BBQ breakfast of bacon and egg rolls and an assorted fruit platter. Vegetarian options available – please advise upon booking|
|8.00 am||Departure. Safety briefing and snorkeling demonstration|
|8.30 am||Marine Biology Talk|
|9.30 am||Arrive at your first Great Barrier Reef Location snorkeling, scuba diving and glass bottom boat ride*|
|12.45 pm||Cruise to afternoon reef location snorkelling, second scuba dives and relaxing|
|3.00 pm||Complimentary wine, cheese, biscuits and fruit platters served|
|Depart the Great Barrier Reef for the journey back to Cairns|
|4.30 pm||Approximate return to Cairns Marina|
What to Bring
- Cash or Credit Card for purchases
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Sun Cream & Hat
- Voucher if applicable
- Proof of certification if you’re a Certified Diver
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Biologist guided snorkel tour ($25.00)
- Underwater digital camera hire ($49.00)
- Great Barrier Reef souvenirs – T-shirts, hats etc
- Bar purchases – soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc
- Great Barrier Reef guided dives for qualified scuba divers ($15.00)
- Prescription masks ($10.00)
- Bus transfers from accommodation outside of the Cairns Business Area ($20.00 per person)
How to get there
Reef Experience departs from Cairns Marlin Marina ‘A Finger’. Boarding commences at 7:25 am.We arrive back into Cairns at approximately 4:30 pm.
Our staff will do their best to make sure you have a great time.
Day 2 – Tablelands and Waterfalls Adventure
Today is for exploring the stunning Atherton Tablelands & Waterfalls. Get back to Nature and explore the beautiful Atherton Tablelands, volcanic crater lakes, rainforests and spectacular waterfalls. Enjoy a swim in the cool waters of the famous Milla Milla falls.
This value packed day tour will have you exploring the Cathedral and Cathedral Fig Trees, walks through the rainforest, hiking to Dinner Falls and world heritage National Parks.
Enjoy a swim in the cool waters of the famous Milla Milla falls.
As your day comes to an end you can relax at the Lodge in Yungaburra with a cup of Tea or Coffee before heading back to Cairns.
- Rainforest Walks Lake Eacham
- Cathedral Fig Tree
- Lake Barrine
- Famous Millaa Millaa Falls
- Dinner Falls
- The Crater
- Informative Tour Guide
- Cairns pick up & drop off from your Cairns City Accommodation
- Informative Tour Guide
- Rainforest Walks
- Tea & Coffee
- Tropical Fruits & Biscuits
- All National Park Fees
What to Bring
- A small backpack
- Secure walking shoes
- Swimming gear
- Towel Change of clothes
Accommodation is not included in this package
Tablelands & Waterfalls Day Tour
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation. Cancellation fees are as follows: 20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure. 50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure. 100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4037 2700 We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable. Minimum age for Cairns Reef, Raft and Rainforest package tour is 13 years. All scuba diving activities are subject to medical and age restrictions. Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent participation in scuba diving activities. Full list of terms & conditions available upon request.
Great Barrier Reef Cruise, Reef Experience
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal.
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 40372700
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
If you wish to participate in SCUBA DIVING please see MEDICAL ADVICE below… It is your responsibility to make sure you are medically fit to Scuba Dive.
It is important to read all the below Terms and Conditions – If you wish to participate in SCUBA DIVING please scroll down to see MEDICAL ADVICE below…
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - SCUBA DIVING - MEDICAL ADVICE
• Please read the below Medical Advice, Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy Carefully.
• One free Certified Scuba Dive or Resort Scuba Dive for everyone who is over the age of 12 and medically fit to scuba dive.
• Your health and safety is of paramount importance to our company. Queensland Dive Laws are the strictest in the world - with the safest dive record in the world
• Under Queensland Government Laws you are required to fill out a Medical Questionnaire for swimming, snorkelling and Scuba Diving after boarding Reef Experience.
• Some Medical Conditions and Medication can prevent you from participating in Scuba Diving even if you are a certified diver.
If you have EVER suffered from any of the following conditions, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
• Asthma / Wheezing or use of an inhaler / Ventalin for any reason you will need a DIVE MEDICAL before diving
• Brain, spinal cord or nervous disorder
• Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint
• Chronic sinus condition
• Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax)
• Chest Surgery
• Heart Disease of any kind
• If you have a cold you cannot scuba dive
If you are CURRENTLY suffering from or have recently had any of the following conditions or procedures, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
• Chronic ear discharge or infection
• High blood pressure
• Ear Surgery
• Fainting Seizures or blackouts
• Recurrent ear problems when flying
• Tuberculosis or any other long term disease
• Any illness or operation within the last month
• Perforated eardrum
• Suffering a common cold
Being pregnant will prohibit you from Scuba Diving
If you are taking any Medications for anything we can check if these are safe for diving with the local Dive doctor. This is necessary as some medications can become dangerous underwater.
These checks are done on the day of travel and can be difficult for the dive doctor to approve without consultation with you.
We can only give them information submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the dive Doctor may require a full dive medical to clear you to dive.
It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY as a passenger to ensure that you will be able to scuba dive if you have any MEDICAL CONDITIONS or taking any MEDICATION. Being proactive can avoid disappointment on the day of being refused to scuba dive.
If you have any EXISTING or PREVIOUS MEDICAL CONDITIONS or Taking Any Medication please be proactive before your trip and contact our office on +61 7 40372700.
Do not presume that by taking medication you have controlled your medical condition it is the medication also that can have side effects when diving.
Your safety is our first priority so if you wish to dive with us and have any of these conditions we will require you to have an Australian dive medical to the Australian standard AS.4005.1.
This can be obtained at most 24hour medical centres.
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws - we are regulated by the Queensland Government.
Please contact our office, if you do require any further information regarding possible medical conditions. On +61 7 40372700
FLYING after SCUBA DIVING
Currently the regulation state that for a single no decompression dive, you should not fly/go to altitude for at least 12 to 18 hours after a scuba dive
For multiple dives you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive
We recommend waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible
• Please inform of dietary, food allergies or other special requirement prior to date of travel.
• Please re confirm your reservation 48 hours prior to travel.
• We require 48 hours to re schedule you trip subject to availability (see cancellation policy)
• Locations, Prices, Vessel and Itinerary are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration for your enjoyment and safety.
• Travel and dive insurance are highly recommended.
• Scuba Diving (applies to both certified and first time divers):
• No refunds on uncompleted dives.
• Ages 12+ years for all scuba activities
• You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before participating in any scuba activities.
• We strongly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, medical evacuation, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• Children prices are for ages 4-11 years.
• Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-11 years.