Things to do in Cairns Exploring the best of both worlds…
Your first day you will be heading to the Outer Great Barrier Reef onboard our fast catamaran “Reef Experience”.
Enjoying a more personalised, private and relaxed day as you begin your day in style in the exclusive Captains’ Wheelhouse Top Deck Lounge” to our first pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef Location.
From the moment you board until you wave goodbye, you can relax in the knowledge that all of your needs are taken care of.
On day two you will explore the oldest living tropical rainforest in the world on your second tour from Cairns.
Visiting locations such as Mossman Gorge, the Daintree Rainforest, Cape Tribulation, enjoying the view from spectacular look outs, spotting crocodiles on the Daintree River, and native wildlife throughout the day.
All aboard a luxury vehicle, in a small group with a friendly, very knowledgeable guide who will explain our unique flora and fauna.
(minimum 2 passengers per booking required)
Day 1 your Top Deck Reef Experience
Discover the Natural wonders of the Great Barrier Reef with your Personal Valet caring for you in and out of the water!
Reef Experience Top Deck Inclusions
- Your own Personal Valet assigned to you for the day
- Personalised snorkel guide
- Personalised guided introductory or certified Scuba Dive (subject to medical conditions)
- Access to the exclusive Captain’s Wheelhouse Top Deck Lounge
- A-La-Carte breakfast served to your table
- Lunch (Special Menu)
- A glass of champagne, cheese and fruit plate on the return journey
- Plunger coffee, Tea and Juices
- Unlimited snorkelling at 2 sensational locations
- Up to 6 hours on the Great Barrier Reef
- Glass Bottom boat tour (combined with other passengers)
- Marine Biologist presentation (combined with other passengers)
- All snorkelling and diving equipment including wet suits
- Flotation devices
- Return inner city bus transfers to marina
- All Government Reef Levies and Taxes
Reef Experience Top Deck Itinerary
- 07:30 – Board Reef Experience vessel at the Cairns Marlin Jetty
- 08:00 – Depart Marlin Jetty for the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- 08:30 – à la carte breakfast served on the way out to the Outer Reef
- 09:30 – Arrive at our first spectacular reef site,
- 10:30 – Glass Bottom Boat tour
- 12:30 – à la carte lunch
- 13:00 – Cruise to our second location
- 15:00 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
- 15:30 – Glass of Australian sparkling wine, tropical fruits, cheese & biscuits
- 16:30 – Arrive back in Cairns
Very Important - About Scuba Diving
Your trip onboard “Reef Experience” Includes either a Certified or Resort/Introductory Dive.
What is a Resort/Introductory Dive? Resort diving requires no previous scuba experience. Conducted in small group of 4 under the supervision of an experienced Dive Instructor, resort dives give beginners an unforgettable Great Barrier Reef experience without having to complete a full scuba diving course.
Can anyone try a resort dive? If you are able to swim and are in good physical health you can probably dive (See Medical Conditions). The Minimum age for resort diving is 12 years.
Queensland Dive Laws are the strictest in the World – with the safest dive record in the world.
Please be aware that Some Medical Conditions or Medications that are being taken could prevent you from participating in scuba activities.
To prevent disappointment on-the day, If you wish to partake in our Introductory/Resort Scuba dive, it is the passengers responsibility to ensure they are medically fit to dive.
If you have EVER suffered from any of the following conditions, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard ‘AS.4005.1.’. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- Asthma / Wheezing or use of an inhaler even for Sports endurance
- Brain, spinal cord or nervous disorder
- Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint
- Chronic sinus condition
- Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax)
- Chest Surgery
- Heart Disease of any kind
- Crones Disease
If you are CURRENTLY suffering from or have recently had any of the following conditions or procedures, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- Chronic ear discharge or infection
- High blood pressure
- Ear Surgery
- Fainting Seizures or blackouts
- Recurrent ear problems when flying
- Tuberculosis or any other long term disease
- Any illness or operation within the last month
- Perforated eardrum
Being pregnant will prohibit you from Scuba Diving
Please be aware that the above does not cover every medical condition there maybe other medical conditions that I not listed.
If you are taking any Medications for anything we can check if these are safe for diving with the local Dive doctor. This is necessary as some medications can become dangerous underwater. These checks are done on the day of travel and can be difficult for the dive doctor to approve without consultation with you.
We can only give them information submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the dive Doctor may require a full dive medical to clear you to dive.
Please be aware If you have used or are using ventolin or an inhaler for Sports endurance/enhancement you will still need a Dive Medical before being allowed to Scuba dive.
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws – we are regulated by the Queensland Government.
Please contact our office, if you do require any further information regarding possible medical conditions.If you have existing or pre existing medical conditions, operations, taking medication, have used an inhaler then you will need permission from the Dive Doctor to Scuba Dive. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the above, please be proactive and contact our office to avoid disappointment on the day.
What to Bring
- Swimming clothes
- Certification card if you are a certified diver
- Cash or credit card for any extra purchases
Day 2 your Luxury Daintree Experience
Visit the oldest living Rainforest in the world that offers an extraordinary diversity of flora and fauna.
Luxury Daintree Experience Inclusions
- Attractions as per Tour Highlights – Itinerary
- Daintree River Cable Ferry
- Morning tea at Thornton Beach
- A delicious lunch at the Daintree Tea House
- Exotic tropical fruit tasting
- Small group (max 13) offering unrivalled, friendly and personalised service
- Air Conditioned comfortable late model vehicles
- National Park Fees & Permits
- Water on board
- Umbrellas if required
Luxury Daintree Experience Itinerary
- Scenic drive along one of the nicest coastal drives in Australia
- Rex Lookout- Stunning Mountains and Ocean Views
- Spectacular Mossman Gorge
- Port Douglas- Flag Staff Hill lookout and town tour
- Morning Tea at Thornton Beach
- Daintree Tea House for lunch
- Exotic tropical fruit tasting
- Daintree River Cruise spotting crocodiles and other wildlife on one of the most diverse river systems in the world
- Alexandra Lookout – breathtaking views towards the Great Dividing Range, Daintree River mouth, Snapper Island & Low Isles on the Great Barrier Reef
- Cape Tribulation – Kulki Lookout and Cape Tribulation beach “where rainforest meets reef”
- Guided Rainforest walks discovering the complex functions of a tropical mangrove, shaded by it’s canopy of enormous fan palms.
- Daintree Ice Cream Company – optional and popular local stop (Own Expense)
- Cross Mighty Daintree River by cable ferry
- Experienced Local Naturalist/ Accredited Tour Guides
What to Bring
- Comfortable clothing and footwear
- Water Bottle
- Insect Repellent & Sunscreen
*Please note seasonal weather conditions and operational requirements may cause a variation in the tour itinerary.
*Children’s prices are for ages 4-11 years.
* please note the Cape Tribulation tour is not suitable for children under 4 years
Luxury Reef and Rainforest 2 Day Getaway
Daintree Rainforest Luxury Tour
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and Paypal. Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick-up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4037 2700 We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable. All scuba diving activities are subject to medical and age restrictions. Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent participation in scuba diving activities. Full list of terms & conditions available upon request.
VIP Reef Cruise
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7
Reef Experience require 48 hours advance to make any changes to your booking.
Refund & Cancellation fees are as follows:
• 20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
• 50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
• 100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Please note we must receive at least 48 hours’ notice from you when rescheduling a reservation subject to availability.
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to load on your scheduled tour. Our vessel departures cannot be delayed because of your late arrival. This includes events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, inclement weather etc.
There is no refund or compensation given for any prepaid courses, equipment or guides if you are unable to complete the tour in its entirety.
Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Terms And Conditions
No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Children’s prices are from 4 – 11 years of age
• We require 48 hours’ notice if you wish to re-schedule your booking
• Locations, vessels and itineraries are subject to change without notice due to unforeseen circumstances , but with full consideration of your enjoyment
• All Reef Levies and EMC charges are included in your booking price
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• If you are considering Scuba Diving you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before participating in any scuba activities.
• Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Australian Standards 'AS4005.1' Medical Certificate can be shown to the Dive
Instructor. This medical certificate must be performed pursuant to the Australian standard AS.4005.1. (Queensland Dive Laws). If you are unsure of a particular medical condition or medication, please check with our office before booking any scuba dive activities.