Green Island – AM
Green Island is a beautiful coral cay on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef off the Queensland coast from the city of Cairns.
Green Island is a Marine National Park uniquely rain-forested and surrounded by white sandy beaches and magnificent coral reefs and abundant marine life.
Your visit to allows you 2 hours at Green Island and included is the choice of snorkelling gear or a glass bottom boat tour.
“Reef Rocket” is a modern comfortable air-conditioned high-speed catamaran with a relaxed atmosphere.
Travel time to Green Island is 45 minutes from Cairns.
Passengers can take part in the many activities available or simply relax on the beach.
Friendly crew will help you to organise your activities to make the most of your time on Green Island.
Lunch at own expense.
Cairns Wildlife Dome also known as the cities Zoo – PM
A spectacular all-weather wildlife exhibit enclosed by a 20 metre high glass dome on top of Cairns iconic Reef Hotel Casino.
Your morning starts with Green Island
Green Island Inclusions
- Cruise to Green Island aboard “Reef Rocket” a modern catamaran
- Half day reef cruises allow 2 hrs on Green Island, departs 9am, back in Cairns 12.45pm
- Choice of Snorkelling Gear or Glass Bottom Boat tour ($14 extra to do both)
- Snorkelling demonstration & reef presentation en route to Green Island
- Use of Big Cat vessel during time at island as an air-conditioned base
- Coach transfers from accommodation
Green Island Optional Extras
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES – Can be booked on day of travel or request to book these options in the comments (valid to 31 March 2013)
- Floatation Vests $8 adult, $4 child
- Lycra Suits $8 adult, $4 child
- Boat Snorkel Trips $38 adult, $26 child
- Marineland Melanesia $18 adult $8 child
- Seaplane Scenic Flight (subject to availability on the day)
- Helicopter Scenic Flights (subject to availability on the day)
Green Island Information
- Child Fare 4-14 years inclusive
- Family Fare is 2 adults and 2 children
- Infants 3 years and under are free
How to get there
Cairns Wildlife Dome
On the very top of the Cairns Reef Hotel Casino is the spectacular all-weather wildlife dome.
Cairns Wildlife Dome Highlights
- Great fun for the whole family – encounter Australia’s wildlife, flora and fauna up close!
- Zip Line over our 4 meter crocodile!
- Mid-Cairns Zoom adventure – an easier level of difficulty, suitable for initial training
- Hi-Cairns Zoom adventure – a series of complex crossings and zip lines including a zip line over our 4 metre crocodile!
- Power jump – free fall adventure from a 13 meter high tower
- Dome Climb – one of the best ways to see Cairns City, this easy walk around the outside of the Cairns Dome showcases spectacular views of the surrounding land and seascapes. Available for all abilities
- Daily shows including koala feeding, python presentation, saltwater croc talk, Australian mammal talk and bird feeding tour
- Professional photography with koalas, snakes and crocodiles available
- Souvenir gift shop
Cairns Wildlife Dome Itinerary
During the day the staff at the Cairns Wildlife Dome host guided walks and animal presentations.
Cairns Dome Show Timetable
- 10:00 Bird Feed Out Tour
- 11:00 Python Talk
- 12:00 Freshwater Crocodile Talk
- 13:00 Fish & Turtle Talk – NEW
- 14:00 Koala Talk
- 14:30 Behavioural Enrichment Toy Interaction (Mon/Wed/Fri) – NEW
- 15:00 Estuarine Crocodile Talk
- 16:00 Mammal Talk
- 17:00 Frogmouth / Kookaburra Feeding
- 9:30a – 10:30am – 11:30 – 12:30pm – 13:30pm – 14:30pm – 15:30pm – 16:30pm – 17:15
- Ticket includes all shows and presentations.
- Ticket valid from re-entry all day and for the next 4 days.
- Cairns Dome & ZOOM is open from 9 am to 9 pm and is fully lighted, offering visitors an exciting new day/evening activity.
- Located close to the Reef Fleet Terminal, Cairns ZOOM is an ideal evening activity for passengers returning from the reef at the end of the day.</li>
Good to know
- Must be over 120cms tall and less than 120kg for easier activities and over 140cms tall and less than 120kg for more challenging activities.
- Highest Safety Standards: Participants are connected via harness to a safety cable system from which they are unable to accidentally disconnect or fall during activities.
- Family pass is for 2 adults and 2 children.
How to get there
- Cairns Wildlife Dome and Cairns ZOOM, corner of Wharf & Abbott Street on top of the Reef Hotel Casino, Cairns City. Cairns Zoom is open all day from 9am to 9pm so you can choose the times that suit you best.
Green Island and Wildlife Dome
Green Island Reef Cruise Half Day
Payment can be made using Visa Card, Mastercard or Cash.
Please note any special requirements in the booking message. If your tour includes bus transfers, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pickup time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4051 5777.
The company reserves the right in the event of a ticket or booking being cancelled by the passenger, to charge cancellation fees in accordance with the company’s current scale of refunds which may be inspected on request.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4051 5777. We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable.
Childrens prices are for ages 4-14 years.
All diving tours and air tours are conducted in conjunction with other operators.
All scuba diving & helmet diving activities are subject to medical, height and age restrictions. Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent participation in scuba diving activities.
Full list of terms & conditions available upon request.