Compass Cruises is a local Cairns icon and has been taking families to the Outer Great Barrier Reef for many years.
If it’s value for money you’re looking for and a memorable day for your family on the Great Barrier Reef then our budget cruise has it all!
We will have you all escaping for an unforgettable, unrushed day enjoying a relaxed leisurely cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
Your family will be Snorkelling amongst beautiful corals and a colourful variety of tropical marine life at one of the natural wonders of the world.
Relax on the huge sun deck, see the Great Barrier Reef from the glass bottom boat (optional Extra) or take the “Wild Ride” on the famous Compass Boomnet.
If you would like to try a Scuba Diving it is available as an optional extra for all levels of experience.
Compass offers something for everyone and can be enjoyed by people of all ages, even those with limited swimming ability.
Travel on our family day tour to the Great Barrier Reef with Compass Cruises and enjoy the magic of the outer Great Barrier Reef !
This snorkelling package is for families of 2 Adults and 2 Children age 4-14 years. (Under 4 years travel free).
It’s fun for everyone as you select activities you wish to participate in.
Your Family Day Includes
- Two spectacular locations (weather permitting)
- Unlimited Snorkelling
- Snorkel Equipment & Tuition (excluding wetsuits)
- Free Scuba Diving Demonstration (+12 years only)
- Up to 4 hours on the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- Delicious BBQ lunch with Fresh Salads made daily on the Reef
- Friendly crew assistance for non confident swimmers
- Flotation devices / buoyancy aids
- Boomnetting the “Wild Ride” (weather permitting)
- A glass of Wine, (cordial for children), cheese & biscuits on return journey
- Complimentary tea & coffee all day while boat is stationary
- Experienced & helpful crew
0800 –Depart Marlin Marina Cairns to the Outer Great Barrier Reef
1030 – Arrive at your first Great Barrier Reef Location
1230 – BBQ Lunch with fresh salads
1300 – Cruise to 2nd Reef Location
1530 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef1730 – Approximately Arrival time at Cairns Marina
What to Bring
- Cash or credit card for extra purchases
- Certified Dive $55.00 or 2 Certified Dives for $100.00 (qualified)
- Resort Scuba Diving $65.00 0r 2 Dives for $115.00 (no experience necessary) – (see Medical Conditions)
- Dive Guide for Certified Divers $15.00 per person per dive
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours available (weather permitting) $15.00
- Return Bus transfers from your Cairns City Accommodation $12.00
- Wetsuit hire $5.00 (During stinger season, stinger suits are included with your equipment. These are not the same as wetsuits, which provide flotation and warmth)
- Prescription masks $10.00
- Underwater Camera Hire $59.00
- Fully licensed bar
Please read the important information, terms and conditions prior to booking your trip.
Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent from participation in scuba diving activities.
Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-14 years.
Family Day Tour Compass Cruises
Great Barrier Reef Budget Cruise
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal. Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700. Please read the conditions regarding scuba diving activities on our website. Locations and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice, but with full consideration of your enjoyment
Compass Cruises require 48 hours advance to make any changes to your booking.
The cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Schedules are subject to change.
Terms And Conditions
Locations, prices and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration of your enjoyment.
• Travel and dive insurance are recommended.
• Children’s prices for ages 4-14 years.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Minimum age for trying resort scuba diving is 12 years
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• If you are considering Scuba Diving you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before
participating in any scuba activities.
• Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Australian Standards 'AS4005.1' Medical
Certificate can be shown to the Dive Instructor. This medical certificate must be performed pursuant to
the Australian standard AS.4005.1. (Queensland Dive Laws). If you are unsure of a particular medical
condition or medication, please check with our office before booking any scuba dive activities.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.